Saturday 23 September 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Moss .
Besiegte Sieger, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1911 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Frank Moss: United States Senator from Utah (d. 2003).
- Earl Ovington becomes 1st air mail pilot
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Dear, Delightful Women - Reinald Werrenrath
- June - Walter Van Brunt
- Chicken Reel - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- March of the Toys - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?