Wednesday 6 September 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bentley Bridgewater and Harry Danning.
Three Million Dollars, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1911 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bentley Bridgewater: British Museum Secretary.
- Harry Danning: American baseball player, a star New York Giants catcher, who lived to be the last surviving member of the 1937 pennant-winning Giants and the oldest Jewish major leaguer.
- Pietro Salmoiraghi: Italy Writer.
- Charles Deutsch: "French aerodynamics engineer and automobile maker co-founder of the brand ""DB (d. 1980)".
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Baby Shoes - American Quartet
- My Laddie - Alma Gluck
- My Beautiful Lady - Elizabeth Spencer
- All Alone - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt