Saturday 9 September 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Gorton and Hoyt Baur.
Re Lear, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1911 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- John Gorton: Australian politician, Prime Minister of Australia 1/10/1968 to 1971.
- Hoyt Baur: American casting director.
- Paul Goodman: American author poet and playwright (d. 1972).
- 1st European airpost (Hendon to Windsor, England)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Laddie - Alma Gluck
- Baby Shoes - American Quartet
- All Alone - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- My Beautiful Lady - Elizabeth Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?