Tuesday 23 December 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Reding and Jean Gachassin.
All Through the Night, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1941 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Serge Reding: Belgian weightlifter, the world champion dumbbell lifter.
- Jean Gachassin: French rugby player, nicknamed ‘’Peter Pan’’ due to his small size.
- Tim Hardin: American singer ("Bird on a Wire"), dies of a drug overdose at age 39 (born 1941).
- Elizabeth Hartman in Youngstown: Ohio, USA; actress (Walking Tall, Beguiled).
- Don Frabotta: American actor, he has been seen as the recurring character of Dave in episodes of the soap opera, "Days of Our Lives.
- Peter Davis: English businessman.
- American forces on Wake Island surrender to Japanese
- British troops overrun Benghazi Libya.
- Japan begins assault on Rangoon, Burma.
- World War II: After 15 days of fighting, the Japanese Imperial Army occupies Wake Island.