Monday 23 December 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chet Baker and Monique Watteau.
Chasing Rainbows, directed by Charles Reisner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1929 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Chet Baker: Jazz trumpeter, fell to death out of a hotel window at 59.
- Monique Watteau: Belgian author, artist, painter, wrote "Je suis le tenebreux".
- Patrick Watson: Canadian TV personality, the co-host of popular Canadian journalistic programs that include "This Hour has Seven Days.
- Ike Jones: American actor and producer (d. 2014).
- Dick Weber: American professional tenpin bowler (d. 2005).