Thursday 23 June 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Bray and Sheila Noakes.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while Gypsy Sixpence by Edison Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fireball Fun-For-All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1949 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Gordon Bray: Australian journalist and sportscaster.
- Sheila Noakes: Baroness Noakes English accountant and politician.
- Aristidis Stergiadis: Greek governor-general of Smyrna, (Born 1861).
- 1st 12 women graduate from Harvard Medical School
- Dutch Constellation plunge at Bari in sea, 33 die
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vic Damone - You're Breaking My Heart
- The Four Winds and the Seven Seas - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Bali Ha'i - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?