Thursday 23 March 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gerhard Brunner and Boris Ivanovich Tischenko.
Silver on the Sage, directed by Lesley Selander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1939 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Gerhard Brunner: Austrian ballet director.
- Bert Berdis in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, SA; comedian (Tim Conway Show).
- Boris Ivanovich Tischenko: Composer.
- Pepe Lienhard: Swiss band leader and entertainer.
- Jean-Claude Chermann: French virologist who managed the research team which, by 1983, under the administrative supervision of Luc Montagnier, had discovered the virus associated with AIDS.
- Robin Herd: English engineer and businessman.
- The Hungarian air force attacks the headquarters of Slovak air force in the city of Spisska Nova Ves, kills 13 people and began the Slovak : Hungarian War.
- The Slovak-Hungarian War begins.