Wednesday 23 May 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 23, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Feldman and Ursula Plassnik.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Proud Ones, directed by Robert D. Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Comfort Me With Apples by Peter De Vries was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1956 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- François Feldman: French pop singer and songwriter of Russian (father) and Belgian (mother) descent, very popular especially in the late eighties for his hit "Les Valses de Vienne", his song "Joy" dedicated to his daughter, and his duet "Joue pas" (Don't play) recorded with Joniece Jamison, American singer.
- Ursula Plassnik: Austrian politician and diplomat Foreign Minister of Austria.
- Kirk Shaw: Canadian project manager, the President of Insight and Sound Creations, an award winning multi-media production company.
- Buck Showalter: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Patricia McCormick: Journalist.
- Albert Voorn: Dutch horse rider.
- Andrea Pazienza: Italian illustrator and painter (d. 1988).
- Dominique Barella: French magistrate and trade unionist, who was president of the Union of Magistrates (USM) from 2002 to 2006.
- Mark Shaw: New Zealand rugby footballer.
- World Trade Center dedicated in Ferry Building, San Francisco, California.
- Presbyterian Church begins accepting women ministers.
- French minister Pierre Mendès France resigns due to his government's policy on Algeria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?