Sunday 24 May 1908US date format: 5/24/1908, UK date format: 24/5/1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Crenshaw and Michael Roberts.
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1908 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- James Crenshaw: American writer who is a journalist and author on psychic subjects.
- Michael Roberts: historian.
- Kresimir Fribec: composer.
- Old Tom Morris: Scottish golfer (Born 1821).
- Belgium Catholic socialist / liberal parliamentary election
- John Masefields "Tragedy of Nan" premieres in London.