Wednesday 24 August 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 24, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Joseph Arrow and Kenneth Arrow.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 August 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1921 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Kenneth Joseph Arrow: Economist.
- Kenneth Arrow: Economist.
- Eric Simms: English ornithologist, naturalist, writer, sound recordist, broadcaster and conservationist, as well as a decorated wartime Bomber Command pilot/ bomb-aimer.
- Sam Tingle: English-Zimbabwean race car driver (d. 2008).
- Battle of Sakaray Valley begins between Turkey and Greece
- British airship R-38 crashes in Humber, 44 die
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit