Monday 22 August 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard d'Espagnat and Claude Durrens.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 August 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1921 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Bernard d'Espagnat
- Claude Durrens: French engraver, best known for his designs of postage stamps and banknotes.
- Sotiria Bellou: Greek singer (Born 1921).
- James Menter: Principal (Queen Mary College).
- Tony Pawson: English cricketer footballer and journalist (d. 2012).
- Dinos Dimopoulos: Greek film director and screenwriter (Born 1921).
- Michael Yeats: Irish barrister and Fianna Fáil politician.
- J Edgar Hoover becomes Assistant Director of FBI
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit