Monday 22 August 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Menter and Claude Durrens.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1921 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- James Menter: Principal (Queen Mary College).
- Claude Durrens: French engraver, best known for his designs of postage stamps and banknotes.
- Michael Yeats: Irish barrister and Fianna Fáil politician.
- Sotiria Bellou: Greek singer (Born 1921).
- Dinos Dimopoulos: Greek film director and screenwriter (Born 1921).
- Tony Pawson: English cricketer footballer and journalist (d. 2012)
- J Edgar Hoover becomes Assistant Director of FBI
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Some Little Bird - Coon-Sanders Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?