Saturday 19 September 1908US date format: 9/19/1908, UK date format: 19/9/1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mika Waltari and Paul Bénichou.
Not Guilty, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1908 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Mika Waltari: Finnish novelist, playwright and short story writer, the best-known author of his country.
- Robert Lecourt: French lawyer, politician, minister, judge, author, resistance movement director 1942-45, married once, one child.
- Paul Bénichou: French historian author and critic (d. 2001).
- Tatsuo Shimabuku: Japanese martial artist founded Isshin-ryū (d. 1975).
- Alberto Socarras: Cuban-American flute player (d. 1987).