Friday 26 August 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norfolk (Virginia) and Zipporah Dobyns.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Mysterious Rider by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1921 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Norfolk (Virginia)
- Zipporah Dobyns: American clinical psychologist and astrologer.
- Ben Bradlee: American journalist, executive editor of The Washington Post from 1968 to 1991.
- Benjamin Bradlee: American journalist and author (d. 2014).
- David Begelman: Film producer.
- William Preston: Columbia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Fisher King, Waterworld).
- Shimshon Amitsur: Israeli mathematician and Israel Prize recipient (Born 1921).
- Peter I Karadjordjevic: King of Serbia / Yugoslavia (1903-21).
- Matthias Erzberger: German politician, leader of the left wing of the Roman Catholic Centre Party in Germany and signatory of the Armistice of World War I..
- Ludwig Thoma: German author, publisher and editor, who gained popularity through his partially exaggerated description of everyday Bavarian life.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Some Little Bird - Coon-Sanders Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?