Friday 26 August 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 26, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norfolk (Virginia) and Zipporah Dobyns.
Solomon's Temple, directed by Vision Video, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 August 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1921 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Zipporah Dobyns: American clinical psychologist and astrologer.
- Norfolk (Virginia)
- Ben Bradlee: American journalist, executive editor of The Washington Post from 1968 to 1991.
- William Preston: Columbia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Fisher King, Waterworld).
- Monty Hall: Actor.
- Benjamin Bradlee: American journalist and author (d. 2014).
- Shimshon Amitsur: Israeli mathematician and Israel Prize recipient (Born 1921).
- Brian Moore: Writer (Catholics), dies of heart failure at 59.
- David Begelman: Film producer.
- Peter I Karadjordjevic: King of Serbia / Yugoslavia (1903-21).
- Matthias Erzberger: German politician, leader of the left wing of the Roman Catholic Centre Party in Germany and signatory of the Armistice of World War I..
- Ludwig Thoma: German author, publisher and editor, who gained popularity through his partially exaggerated description of everyday Bavarian life.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit