Tuesday 23 August 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Arrow and Pierre Firmin-Didot.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Mysterious Rider by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1921 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Kenneth Arrow: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Pierre Firmin-Didot: French printer-publisher and philanthropist.
- Franco Ossola: Italy sport Champion.
- Sam Cook: English cricketer and umpire (d. 1996).
- British airship R-38 experiences structural failure over Hull in England and crashes in the Humber estuary. Of her 49 British and American training crew, only 4 survive.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Some Little Bird - Coon-Sanders Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?