Saturday 6 August 1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buddy Collette and Jacques Courtin.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1921 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Buddy Collette
- Jacques Courtin
- Ella Raines: Sinoqualmie Falls, Washington -- Actress (Janice Dean RN).
- Clason Point, Bronx to College Point, Queens municipal ferry system begins.