Tuesday 16 August 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene Moore and William Moncrief.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1921 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Eugene Moore: American astrologer who established Moore School of Astrology in 1967 and turned out many students, well known and thought of for many years.
- William Moncrief: Denver Military man.
- Peter King: American soldier lawyer and politician.