Saturday 27 August 1921US date format: 8/27/1921, UK date format: 27/8/1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include MR Reilly and Leo Penn.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1921 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- MR Reilly
- Leo Penn: American actor director and screenwriter (d. 1998).
- Ben Bradlee: Editor.
- M Reilly: Great Falls Military man.
- Henri Guerin
- Georg Alexander: Duke of Mecklenburg, head of the House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (d. 1996).
- J E Clair of Acme Packing Company of Green Bay granted an NFL franchise.
- The British install the son of Sharif Hussein bin Ali (leader of the Arab Revolt of 1916 against the Ottoman Empire) as King Faisal I of Iraq.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit