Saturday 27 August 1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M Reilly and Henri Guerin.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Mysterious Rider by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1921 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- M Reilly: Great Falls Military man.
- Henri Guerin: .
- Georg Alexander: Duke of Mecklenburg, head of the House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (d. 1996).
- Leo Penn: American actor director and screenwriter (d. 1998).
- J E Clair of Acme Packing Company of Green Bay granted an NFL franchise.
- The British install the son of Sharif Hussein bin Ali (leader of the Arab Revolt of 1916 against the Ottoman Empire) as King Faisal I of Iraq.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?