Sunday 28 August 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Philippe Charbonnier and Fernando Fernan Gomez.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1921 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Jean-Philippe Charbonnier: French photographer and photo-journalist.
- Fernando Fernan Gomez: Spanish actor, screenwriter, film director theater director and member of the Royal Spanish Academy for seven years.
- Elie Brousse: France sport Champion.
- Joop Doderer: Velsen, Netherlands -- Actor (Swiebertje).
- Fernando Gómez: Spanish actor director and playwright (d. 2007).
- Nancy Kulp: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Miss Hathaway-Beverly Hillbillies).
- John Chapman: Canadian physicist and engineer (d. 1979).
- 2nd Pan-African Congress meets (London, Brussels & Paris)
- Babe Ruth starts streak of an extra-base hit in 9 straight games
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit