Sunday 28 August 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joop Doderer and Jean-Philippe Charbonnier.
The Blot, directed by Lois Weber, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1921 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Joop Doderer: Velsen, Netherlands -- Actor (Swiebertje).
- Jean-Philippe Charbonnier: French photographer and photo-journalist.
- Fernando Fernan Gomez: Spanish actor, screenwriter, film director theater director and member of the Royal Spanish Academy for seven years.
- Elie Brousse: France sport Champion.
- John Chapman: Canadian physicist and engineer (d. 1979).
- Fernando Gómez: Spanish actor director and playwright (d. 2007)
- Nancy Kulp: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Miss Hathaway-Beverly Hillbillies)
- 2nd Pan-African Congress meets (London, Brussels & Paris)
- Babe Ruth starts streak of an extra-base hit in 9 straight games
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 August 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?