Saturday 4 May 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kakuei Tanaka Japanese Prime Minister (1972-74) and Thomas Mead.
The Non-Stop Kid, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1918 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Thomas Mead: Australian politician and journalist (d. 2004).
- Kakuei Tanaka Japanese Prime Minister (1972-74): convicted of bribe-taking.
- Alex Pietri: France Military man.
- Gilbert Sigaud: France Writer.
- Tom Mead: Australian journalist and politician (d. 2004).
- Kakuei Tanaka: Japanese soldier and politician 64th Prime Minister of Japan (d. 1993).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Siren's Song - Helen Clark & Gladys Rice
- Everybody's Crazy 'Bout the Doggone Blues (But I'm Happy) - Marion Harris
- On the Road to Home Sweet Home - Percy Hemus