Saturday 4 May 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kakuei Tanaka Japanese Prime Minister (1972-74) and Thomas Mead.
The Non-Stop Kid, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1918 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Thomas Mead: Australian politician and journalist (d. 2004).
- Kakuei Tanaka Japanese Prime Minister (1972-74): convicted of bribe-taking.
- Alex Pietri: France Military man.
- Gilbert Sigaud: France Writer.
- Tom Mead: Australian journalist and politician (d. 2004).
- Kakuei Tanaka: Japanese soldier and politician 64th Prime Minister of Japan (d. 1993).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Siren's Song - Helen Clark & Gladys Rice
- Everybody's Crazy 'Bout the Doggone Blues (But I'm Happy) - Marion Harris
- On the Road to Home Sweet Home - Percy Hemus