Sunday February 24, 1918
US date format: 2/24/1918, UK date format: 24/2/1918
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on February 24, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Emile Mairal-Bernard .
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 24, 1918?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- See more
- After 7 centuries of foreign rule, Estonia declares its independence from the Russian Empire. Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia also declare their independence from the Russian Empire but as the Transcaucasian Democratic Federative Republic.
- Emile Mairal-Bernard: St-Victor Military man.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 24, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra - Some Sunday Morning
- Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet - There's a Long, Long Trail
- Peerless Quartet - Long Boy
- Bert Williams - No Place Like Home
- Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra - Oriental