Tuesday 24 February 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Desnoyers and Eddie Chamblee.
Notte di tentazione, directed by Giuseppe Pinto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The River's End by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1920 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Guy Desnoyers: French parish priest from Uruffe who killed his pregnant mistress after having made her pregnant.
- Eddie Chamblee
- Frank Rogers: CEO (NPA Telegraph).
- Thomas Parkinson: American poet.
- Ernst Reiss: Swiss mountaineer (d. 2010).
- Peace treaty gives Estonia independence.
- The Nazi Party is founded.
- Adolf Hitler presents his National Socialist program in Munich.
- Syrian National Congress proclaim Syria independent with Faisal I of Iraq as king.
- The world's first peaceful establishment of a social democratic government takes place in Sweden. Hjalmar Branting takes over when Nils Edén resigns.
- Hungarian Admiral and statesman Miklós Horthy becomes the Regent of Hungary.
- The United States Railroad Administration returns control of American railroads to its constituent railroad companies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?