Monday 24 January 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 24, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hold It Against Me by Britney Spears.
A Little Bit of Heaven, directed by Nicole Kassell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Secrets To The Grave by Tami Hoag was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Child of Eden or CraftWorld.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 24 January 2011 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 January
- At least 35 died and 180 injured in a bombing at Moscow's Domodedovo airport.
- 37 people are killed and more than 180 others wounded in a bombing at Domodedovo International Airport in Moscow, Russia.ref name=quotFerris-Rotmanquot
- New interviews are released containing statements from former Israeli soldiers who claim they were told to ampquotcleanse the neighbourhoods, the buildings, the areaampquot and that the offensive should be disproportionate, with tank operators being told to shell any car that comes near them during the War on Gaza. The Telegraph)
- Rebels in the Philippines kill five policemen in the first attack since an agreement to restart peace talks. (''Philippine Star'')
- Zimbabwean ministers condemn the invasion of tourist lodges by supporters of Robert Mugabe who say they were implementing government policy. (BBC)
- A series of bombings in Baghdad and Karbala kill at least 33 people less than a week after similar attacks claimed the lives of 133 others. (CNN)
- Twenty people are injured in China's Sichuan province following clashes with police over a proposed chemical plant, protesters and officials say. In a separate protest, riot police dispersed a group of parents who lost their children in the devastating 2008 earthquake after they tried to meet with the mayor of Deyang city to discuss compensation claims. (Radio Free Asia)
- Hamas bans the sale of two books that it says ampquotcontradictampquot Islam after receiving complaints from locals. (Associated Press)
- The U.S. International Trade Commission rules against Kodak's contention that Apple's iPhone and Research in Motion's BlackBerry violate Kodak's intellectual property rights. (Bloomberg)
- Internationally recognised President of Ivory Coast Alassane Ouattara calls for a halt to cocoa and coffee exports to cut off funding for incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo. (AFP)
- An Australian internal review finds that the fatal Christmas Island boat disaster was responded to appropriately. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Chinese state media reports that Shandong province is facing its worst drought in a century. (Reuters)
- Heavy snow and freezing rain fall in Southwestern China, causing roof collapses and damages to crops. (''The Standard'')
- The United Nations calls for the international community to increase support to Somalia as the country approaches the twentieth anniversary since the start of its civil war. (Xinhua)
- Peru recognises Palestine ampquotas a free and sovereign stateampquot. (The Guardian)
- NBC News reports that United States investigators have been unable to link Bradley Manning to Julian Assange, founder of the whistleblowing website WikiLeaks. (NBC News)
- Iran hangs two members of the People's Mujahedin of Iran convicted of involvement in the post-election riots after the presidential election in June 2009 and of visiting a training base in Iraq, in the latest series of executions that has seen an unprecedented 64 people executed in 24 days. (Ynet)
- South Korean media report that two North Koreans have been executed in front of 500 spectators for handling propaganda leaflets floated across the border from South Korea, apparently as part of a campaign by North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il to tighten ideological control as he grooms his youngest son as eventual successor. (RFA)
- Egypt's general prosecutor bans media reporting of the investigation into a deadly New Year's Day church bombing, saying any revelations could hinder the work of investigators, a day after Egypt's government accused a Palestinian militant group, the Army of Islam, of carrying out the bombing with the help of a local accomplice. (Reuters Africa)
- Three Indonesian soldiers captured on video torturing two men from West Papua are jailed human rights groups criticize the sentences of 10 months in jail for ampquotdisobeying ordersampquot handed out to the low-ranking soldiers, saying the military was reluctant to abide by human rights principles. (''Jakarta Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 24 January 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Erzgebirge Aue : 2 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Hercules : 3 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Bolton - Chelsea : 0 - 4
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Triestina - Novara : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Time (Dirty Bit) - The Black Eyed Peas
- Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No BS - Chris Brown
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
An new campaign for Bon Appétit will carry an assertive theme, “Bite me,” that may topple some chefs’ toques. [..]
The paper maintains 13 foreign bureaus and is a front-runner for a Pulitzer Prize this year, but its weekday circulation has been nearly halved since 2000. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.97
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $94.27
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $80.26
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.69
- 1 CHF = 6.9346 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6224 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9551 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.564 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?