Thursday 24 May 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sean Kelly and Larry Blackmon.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Proud Ones, directed by Robert D. Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1956 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Sean Kelly: Cyclist.
- Larry Blackmon: American singer-songwriter producer and actor (Cameo and Black Ivory).
- Dominic Grieve: English lawyer and politician Attorney General for England and Wales.
- Richard B Bernstein: American constitutional and legal historian.
- Zaid Shakir: American author and scholar.
- Guy Kibbee: Actor (Captain Blood, Babes in Arms), dies at 74.
- Conclusion of the Sixth Buddhist Council on Vesak Day, marking the 2,500 year anniversary after the Lord Buddha's Parinibbana.
- The first Eurovision Song Contest is held in Lugano, Switzerland
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?