Friday 25 April 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bertrand Tavernier and Muna Al-Hussein.
The Return of Daniel Boone, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1941 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Bertrand Tavernier: French writer, publicist and film director.
- Muna Al-Hussein
- 2015 Nepal earthquake
- Markus Lüpertz
- Princess Muna al-Hussein: of Jordan.
- Lawrence J Smith American politician (Representative-Democrat-Florida: 1983-).
- Richard Holbrooke: Public Servant.
- Muna : British-Jordanian noted family, a British army officer's daughter who became the second wife of King Hussein of Jordan in 1961, gaining the name Princess Muna.
- Operation Merkur: Hitler orders conquest of Kreta
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, at his regular press conference, criticizes Charles Lindbergh by comparing him to the Copperheads of the Civil War period. In response, Lindbergh resigns his commission in the U.S. Army Air Corps Reserve on April 28.