Thursday 25 May 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alastair George Sharp and Neil Galbraith.
The Inheritance, directed by Bobby Roth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1911 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Alastair George Sharp
- Neil Galbraith: Scottish police chief in 1964.
- Alastair Sharp: Scottish jurist and Queen's Counsel 1961.
- Jean Salasc: Bar le Duc physician.
- Mexican Revolution: Porfirio Diaz signs his resignation and leaves for Veracruz on May 31 he leaves for exile in France.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Story of the Rose - John Barnes Wells
- To the Strains of That Wedding March (It's a Long, Long Walk) - Billy Murray
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Harry Tally