Wednesday 25 July 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Whipper Billy Watson and Gerhard Bremer.
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1917 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Whipper Billy Watson: Canadian professional wrestler (d. 1990).
- Gerhard Bremer: Germany Military man.
- Fritz Honegger: Swiss lawyer and politician (d. 1999).
- Sir Thomas Whyte introduces the first income tax in Canada as a ''temporary'' measure (lowest bracket is 4% and highest is 25%).
- Sir William Thomas White introduces the first income tax in Canada as a quottemporaryquot measure (lowest bracket is 4% and highest is 25%).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 July 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sousa's Band - The Stars and Stripes Forever March
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Reinald Werrenrath
- For Me and My Gal - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- American Patrol - Prince's Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?