Wednesday 25 July 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe de Lacy and Whipper Billy Watson.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1917 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Philippe de Lacy
- Whipper Billy Watson: Canadian professional wrestler (d. 1990).
- Gerhard Bremer: Germany Military man.
- Fritz Honegger: Swiss lawyer and politician (d. 1999).
- Sir Thomas Whyte introduces the first income tax in Canada as a ''temporary'' measure (lowest bracket is 4% and highest is 25%).
- Sir William Thomas White introduces the first income tax in Canada as a quottemporaryquot measure (lowest bracket is 4% and highest is 25%).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Night Time in Little Italy - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Prince's Orchestra
- Lookout Mountain - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell