Sunday 25 August 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Bernstein and Richard Greene.
The Lady of the Dugout, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1918 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Leonard Bernstein: American musician, a pianist, conductor and composer of symphonies, ballets, musical comedies, chamber music and film scores; a fabulous talent.
- Richard Greene: Plymouth, England -- Composer / actor (Adventures of Robin Hood).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 August 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- American Fantasie - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?