Sunday 25 August 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Bernstein and Marwayne Leipzig.
The Lady of the Dugout, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1918 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Leonard Bernstein: American musician, a pianist, conductor and composer of symphonies, ballets, musical comedies, chamber music and film scores; a fabulous talent.
- Marwayne Leipzig
- Richard Greene (actor)
- Richard Greene: Plymouth, England -- Composer / actor (Adventures of Robin Hood).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- American Fantasie - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?