Thursday 25 November 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 25, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Fall of Giants by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Def Jam Rapstar or Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 November 2010 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 November
- Bernard Matthews: English farmer and businessman founded Bernard Matthews Farms (d. 2010).
- C Scott Littleton: American anthropologist and academic (Born 1933).
- Peter Christopherson: English keyboard player songwriter and director (Coil and Throbbing Gristle (d. 2010).
- Alfred Balk: American magazine editor and journalist (Born 1930).
- At least one person is killed and more than 40 left wounded after hundreds of Christian protesters clash with riot police in Cairo, Egypt. (Pravda)
- Del Monte Foods is purchased in a US$5 billion leveraged buyout led by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. (''Financial Times'')
- Seven are killed and three injured in the rough landing of a Mi-8 helicopter in the Omsk region of Siberia, Russia. (KazInform)
- Korean peninsula:
- North Korea warns that it will launch further attacks on South Korea if it continues ampquotreckless military provocationampquot. (CNN)
- South Korea increases its military strength on the islands near the border since the shelling of Yeonpyeong on Tuesday. (Reuters)
- The South Korean Defense Minister Kim Tae-Young resigns over the handling of the incident. (Yonhap)
- The heads of government of the member states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization meet in Dushanbe for their annual summit. (Xinhua)
- A court in Nigeria charges an Iranian man over an illegal weapons shipment discovered in Lagos. (AFP)
- Israel demolishes several buildings in the West Bank, including one Palestinians say was a mosque Israeli officials said the structures were temporary and built without Israeli issued permits in a military fire zone. (BBC)
- Brazilian police begin an operation in a shanty town in Rio de Janeiro to end a surge of violence at least 30 people have been killed in recent days. (RTHK)
- The European Commission passes a ban on the use of bisphenol A in baby bottles. (BBC)
- 156 people are detained in Egypt following clashes between police and Copts after authorities blocked construction of a church. (Reuters)
- Tongans go to the polls in the first general election in the nation's history in which the majority of parliament will be popularly elected. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States Government sets aside an area in Alaska twice the size of the United Kingdom as a ampquotcritical habitatampquot for polar bears. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom experiences its earliest widespread snowfall for 17 years, with large parts of Scotland and north east England particularly affected. (BBC)
- A new species of ancient crocodile, ''Khoratosuchus jintasakuli'', is identified from a fossil in Thailand. (NPR)
- A World Health Organization study estimates that 600,000 deaths a year are attributable to second hand smoking. (Reuters)
- The 2010–11 Ashes series begins at The Gabba in Brisbane, with Australian bowler Peter Siddle taking a hat-trick on his birthday. (BBC Sport)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 November 2010
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Histon - Bath City : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Schools in Europe are looking to the the Gulf region and trying to help students bridge the gap between finance and art. [..]
The company said it was updating software to help prevent similar incidents with the delayed jetliner. [..]
- 1 CHF = 6.6523 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5933 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9901 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.53 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?