Thursday 25 November 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Tangled, directed by Nathan Greno, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dofus Arena or Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 November 2010 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 November
- C Scott Littleton: American anthropologist and academic (Born 1933).
- Bernard Matthews: English farmer and businessman founded Bernard Matthews Farms (d. 2010).
- Peter Christopherson: English keyboard player songwriter and director (Coil and Throbbing Gristle (d. 2010).
- Alfred Balk: American magazine editor and journalist (Born 1930).
- At least one person is killed and more than 40 left wounded after hundreds of Christian protesters clash with riot police in Cairo, Egypt. (Pravda)
- Del Monte Foods is purchased in a US$5 billion leveraged buyout led by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. (''Financial Times'')
- Seven are killed and three injured in the rough landing of a Mi-8 helicopter in the Omsk region of Siberia, Russia. (KazInform)
- Korean peninsula:
- North Korea warns that it will launch further attacks on South Korea if it continues ampquotreckless military provocationampquot. (CNN)
- South Korea increases its military strength on the islands near the border since the shelling of Yeonpyeong on Tuesday. (Reuters)
- The South Korean Defense Minister Kim Tae-Young resigns over the handling of the incident. (Yonhap)
- The heads of government of the member states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization meet in Dushanbe for their annual summit. (Xinhua)
- A court in Nigeria charges an Iranian man over an illegal weapons shipment discovered in Lagos. (AFP)
- Israel demolishes several buildings in the West Bank, including one Palestinians say was a mosque Israeli officials said the structures were temporary and built without Israeli issued permits in a military fire zone. (BBC)
- Brazilian police begin an operation in a shanty town in Rio de Janeiro to end a surge of violence at least 30 people have been killed in recent days. (RTHK)
- The European Commission passes a ban on the use of bisphenol A in baby bottles. (BBC)
- 156 people are detained in Egypt following clashes between police and Copts after authorities blocked construction of a church. (Reuters)
- Tongans go to the polls in the first general election in the nation's history in which the majority of parliament will be popularly elected. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States Government sets aside an area in Alaska twice the size of the United Kingdom as a ampquotcritical habitatampquot for polar bears. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom experiences its earliest widespread snowfall for 17 years, with large parts of Scotland and north east England particularly affected. (BBC)
- A new species of ancient crocodile, ''Khoratosuchus jintasakuli'', is identified from a fossil in Thailand. (NPR)
- A World Health Organization study estimates that 600,000 deaths a year are attributable to second hand smoking. (Reuters)
- The 2010–11 Ashes series begins at The Gabba in Brisbane, with Australian bowler Peter Siddle taking a hat-trick on his birthday. (BBC Sport)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 November 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?