Saturday 25 January 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Louise and Edwin Newman.
Don't Change Your Husband, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1919 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Patricia Louise: Dalton chair (Sherlock Holmes Society of London).
- Edwin Newman: American broadcast journalist (Born 1919).
- Founding of League of Nations, first meeting one year later.
- The League of Nations is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hindustan - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Hatikva (Our Hope) - Alma Gluck
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?