Wednesday 25 July 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 25, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick de Radigues and Iman [Abdulmajid].
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Storm Center, directed by Daniel Taradash, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1956 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Patrick de Radigues
- Iman [Abdulmajid]: Mogadishu, Somalia -- Model / actress (Star Trek 6).
- Louis Bacon: Entrepreneur.
- Andy Goldsworthy: English-Scottish sculptor and photographer.
- 38th PGA Championship: Jack Burke at Blue Hill Country Club - Boston
- Italian liner Andrea Doria sinks after colliding with the Stockholm
- Jordan attacks UN Palestine force
- (11:20 PM) Italian luxury liner Andrea Doria (29,000 tons) collides with Swedish-American Line steamship M.S. Stockholm (12,600 tons) in the North Atlantic, off the coast of Nantucket, USA. The Andrea Doria is struck midship; the Stockholm loses a portion of its bow, with the loss of five lives.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?