Thursday 26 February 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Randall and Pierre Paul Hueber.
Notte di tentazione, directed by Giuseppe Pinto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1920!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1920 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Tony Randall: American actor best known for his Emmy-winning role as the nitpicking Felix Unger in "The Odd Couple, a TV series that ran from 1970-1975.
- Pierre Paul Hueber
- Jean-Jacques Hueber: Strasbourg Painters.
- Danny Gardella: American baseball player (Born 1920).
- Lucjan Wolanowski: Polish journalist, writer and traveller (Born 1920).
- Antony Kearey: TV producer.
- A W [Rie] Kuiper-Mastenbroek: Netherlands -- Swimmer (1936 Olympics - 3 Gold Medals).
- Ludwig Rubiner writer: dies at age 38.
- The first German Expressionist film and early horror movie, Robert Wiene's The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, premiered in Berlin.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?