Tuesday 26 February 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Otis R and Edwin Charles.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1918 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Otis R: Bowen US Secretary of Health and Human Services (1985-89).
- Edwin Charles: "Preacher" Roe baseball pitcher (Brooklyn Dodgers).
- Theodore [Hamilton] Sturgeon US: sci-fi author (Starshine, A Way Home, Hugo, Caviar).
- Otis Ray Bowen: American physician & politician, 44th Governor of Indiana, and 16th United States Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Theodore Sturgeon: American writer distinguished for science-fiction, the winner of the Nebula Award in 1970, the Hugo Award in 1971 and the International Fantasy award in 1953 for his work, "More Than Human.
- Le Pesant Francois: France Military man
- Otis Bowen: American physician and politician 44th Governor of Indiana (d. 2013)
- Stands at Hong Kong Jockey Club collapse and burn, killing 604.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Oriental - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- No Place Like Home - Bert Williams
- Some Sunday Morning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Long Boy - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?