Sunday 26 January 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Sardou and Patrick Dewaere.
Nora Prentiss, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1947 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Michel Sardou: French singer and songwriter, son of actor and actress Fernand and Jackie Sardou.
- Patrick Dewaere: French leading man of films of the 1970s; a second generation actor, borrowing is grandmother’s last name when he began performing with an improve group in 1968.
- Robert Cailliau: Robert Cailliau is a Belgian informatics engineer and computer scientist, who helped Tim Berners-Lee develop the World Wide Web.
- Patrice Dewaere: St-Brieuc Actor.
- Mark Dayton: Politician.
- Redmond Morris: 4th Baron Killanin Irish director producer and production manager.
- Les Ebdon: English chemist and academic.
- Patrick Dewaere [PJMH Bordeaux]: France -- Actor (Les Valseuses).
- KLM Dakota crashes near Copenhagen, 22 die.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Open The Door, Richard! - Jack McVea & His All-Stars