Wednesday 26 June 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Fenton and Francesco Cossiga.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1929 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Alexander Fenton: CEO (Euro Ethnological Research Center in Edinburgh).
- Francesco Cossiga: President of Italy (1985- ).
- Ian Prestt: English ornithologist.
- Jan De Jong: Dutch pro astrologer and author of "Spiegelpunten" (= mirror points) becoming well known in the Netherlands, illustrating the inner meaning of a horoscope according to his philosophy.
- June Bronhill: Australian soprano singer, a pro from the time of her debut in 1949 when she came in third at the Sydney Sun Aria contest.
- Francois Hutin: French journalist and media owner, CEO of the largest regional daily Ouest-France.
- Fran?ois-R?gis Hutin: Rennes EXecutives
- Fred Bruemmer: Latvian-Canadian photographer and author (d. 2013)
- Milton Glaser: American illustrator and graphic designer
- ENKA / Vereinigte Glanzstoff Factory merge AKU (General Kunstzijde Union)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?