Friday 26 October 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francisco Solano Lopez and Francisco López.
October (Ten Days that Shook the World), directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1928 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Francisco Solano Lopez: Argentine comics artist.
- Francisco López: Argentinian illustrator (d. 2011).
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (ICRM) formally established with the adoption of “Statutes of the International Red Cross”
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Where'd You Get Those Eyes? - Vaughn De Leath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?