Saturday 27 October 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilles Vigneault and Perry Smith.
The Cavalier, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1928 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Gilles Vigneault: Canadian singer, songwriter, poet and publisher, a Quebec nationalist and sovereigntist.
- Perry Smith: American homicide; teamed with Richard Hickock to kill the Clutter family on 11/15/1959, Holcomb, KS.
- Kyle Rote: NFL halfback (New York Giants 1951-61).
- Mohamed El: France sport Champion.
- Stefan Wewerka: German architect, designer and artist, who died on 14 September 2013 in Berlin.