Monday 22 October 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Tiriau and Nelson Pereira dos Santos.
Gösta Berlings saga, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1928 ?
- Roger Tiriau: French champion sailor who competed in the 1968 Summer Olympics.
- Nelson Pereira dos Santos: Brazilian movie director.
- Theodore Black: American marketing production sales manager, engineer and CEO of Ingersoll Rand, a bearings and equipment retail company.
- Nelson Santos: Brazilian director producer and screenwriter.
- Andrew Fisher: Australian Prime Minister three times, from 1908-1909, again from 1910-1913 and the last time from 1914-1915, the sixth, eighth and tenth Prime Minister.
- China expels all Russian instructors and civil servants
- President Hoover speaks of American system of rugged individualism
- US President Herbert Hoover speaks of "American system of rugged individualism".
- Phi Sigma Alpha fraternity is founded at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?