Wednesday 17 October 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Marinov and Zacharias J de Beer.
Kriemhild's Revenge, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1928 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Ivan Marinov: Composer.
- Zacharias J de Beer: South African Physician / MP (DP).
- James "Junior" Gilliam American baseball player (Brooklyn Dodgers: National League rookie of year 1953).
- Julie Adams in Iowa: USA; actress (Away All Boats, Black Rose).
- Eli Elandon: Belgium sport Champion.
- Bob Schnelker: American football player, tight end, football coach, philadelphia eagles, ny giants, mn vikings, more.
- Bobby Walston: American college & pro football player, end-placekicker, s teams, married once, three children. After his active career, he worked in HR for the Chicago Bears. He died on 7 October 1987 at age 59 from a heart failure.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?