Saturday 9 June 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tonio Selwart and Robert Klark Graham.
El pechador, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Lady Baltimore by Owen Wister was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1906!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1906 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Tonio Selwart: Germany -- Actor (Barefoot Contessa, Naked Maja).
- Robert Klark Graham: American eugenicist and entrepreneur (d. 1997).
- Robert Graham: American eugenicist and businessman founded Repository for Germinal Choice (d. 1997).
- Boston Beaneaters (NL) end 19-game losing streak beat Cards 6-3
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?