Saturday 27 December 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Maguire and Michael Pinder.
They Died with Their Boots On, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1941 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Leslie Maguire: rocker (Gerry and Pacemakers - "Ferry Cross the Mersey").
- Michael Pinder: rocker (The Moody Blues - "Nights in White Satin").
- Jean-Claude Bouillon: French actor.
- Dan Montecalvo: American homicide, shot and killed his wife at their home in Burbank, CA.
- Mike Pinder: British musician, skilled on the mellotron, a pioneer among the '60s performers with this versatile instrument.
- Miles Aiken: American basketball player and coach
- Nolan Richardson: American basketball player and coach
- Siberia: Dmitri Sjostakovitsj completes his 7th Symphony
- Japan bombs Manila even though it was declared an "open city".
- WWII: British Commandos raid the Norwegian port of Vaagso, causing Hitler to reinforce the garrison and defenses, drawing vital troops away from other areas.
- The Valley of Geysers is discovered in Russia.
- The Indochina Communist party, led by Ho Chi Minh, combines with the Nationalist party to form the Viet Minh.
- ''Classic Comics'' series launched in the United States with a version of ''The Three Musketeers''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?