Saturday 27 December 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Bouillon and Nolan Richardson.
All Through the Night, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1941 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Jean-Claude Bouillon: French actor.
- Nolan Richardson: American basketball player and coach.
- Dan Montecalvo: American homicide, shot and killed his wife at their home in Burbank, CA.
- Leslie Maguire: rocker (Gerry and Pacemakers - "Ferry Cross the Mersey").
- Miles Aiken: American basketball player and coach.
- Mike Pinder: British musician, skilled on the mellotron, a pioneer among the '60s performers with this versatile instrument.
- Michael Pinder: rocker (The Moody Blues - "Nights in White Satin").
- Siberia: Dmitri Sjostakovitsj completes his 7th Symphony
- Japan bombs Manila even though it was declared an "open city".
- WWII: British Commandos raid the Norwegian port of Vaagso, causing Hitler to reinforce the garrison and defenses, drawing vital troops away from other areas.
- The Valley of Geysers is discovered in Russia.
- The Indochina Communist party, led by Ho Chi Minh, combines with the Nationalist party to form the Viet Minh.
- ''Classic Comics'' series launched in the United States with a version of ''The Three Musketeers''.