Friday 27 December 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Joël Bonté and Lenny Kaye.
The Man I Love, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1946 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Pierre-Joël Bonté: French politician, who served as President of Auvergne Regional Council from 2 April 2004 to 18 January 2006.
- Janet Street-Porter: English television personality, producer and writer.
- Lenny Kaye: American guitarist songwriter and producer.
- Joe Kinnear: Irish footballer and manager.
- Polly Toynbee: English journalist and author.