Tuesday 27 March 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shusaku Endo and Bob Elliott.
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1923 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Bob Elliott: Comedian.
- Shusaku Endo: Writer.
- Endo Shusaku: Japanese author (d. 1996).
- Victor Hochhauser: British impresario (Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra).
- Roddy McMillan: Scottish actor and playwright, possibly most famous for his comedy role as Para Handy for BBC Scotland's television series, "The Vital Spark.
- Shūsaku Endō: Japanese author (d. 1996).
- Lorenzo Semple: Jr.
- Louis Simpson: Jamaican-American poet translator and academic (d. 2012).
- Gennadi Yudin: Russian actor (d. 1989).
- Eliot Frankel: American television producer (d. 1990).
- Sir James Dewar: Scottish chemist (Born 1842).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Who Did You Fool, After All? - Nora Bayes
- Aggravatin' Papa - Marion Harris