Friday 27 November 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 27, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimi Hendrix and Henry Carr.
Pittsburgh, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 November 1942 ?
- Jimi Hendrix: American musician, singer and guitarist who became a rock superstar.
- Henry Carr: Detroit, Michigan -- 200m / 4x400m runner (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Marilyn Hacker: American poet and critic.
- Bobby Managoff beats Yvon Robert in Houston, to become wrestling champ
- Tito appoints Anti fascist Liberation board in Yugoslavia
- World War II: At Toulon, the French navy scuttles its ships and submarines to keep them out of Nazi hands.
- Cocoanut Grove fire: A fire in the Cocoanut Grove night club in Boston, Massachusetts, kills 491.
- The large-scale German ampquotpacificationampquot of the Zamojszczyzna region of Poland begins.