Wednesday 28 March 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Isaacs and Josette Daydé.
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1923 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Josette Daydé: French jazz/swing singer, chansonnière and actress.
- Charles Isaacs: American jazz musician, bass/trumpet/sousaphone player, first child.
- Josette Dayde: France Actor.
- Paul Donnelly: American scientist and engineer (d. 2014).
- Ike Isaacs: American bassist (d. 1981).
- Thad Jones: American trumpet player and composer (The Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra) (d. 1986).
- ''Regia Aeronautica'', the air force of Fascist Italy, is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Who Did You Fool, After All? - Nora Bayes
- Aggravatin' Papa - Marion Harris