Saturday 28 April 1928US date format: 4/28/1928, UK date format: 28/4/1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Klein and Lidia Alfonsi.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1928 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Yves Klein: French artist considered an important figure in post-war European art.
- Lidia Alfonsi
- Eugene Shoemaker: American astrogeologist and U.S.
- Eugene M Shoemaker: American planetary scientist (d. 1997).
- Lydia Alfonsi: Italian actress.
- Charlene Holt: American actress known for her supporting roles in television and film.
- 28ampnbspinches of snow fall in southern-central Pennsylvania.