Wednesday 11 April 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ethel Kennedy and Tommy Tycho.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1928 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Ethel Kennedy: American news figure and the wife of Robert Kennedy.
- Tommy Tycho: Hungarian-Australian pianist composer and conductor (d. 2013).
- Michel Gagnion: French executive, General director of the French Federation of Soccer.
- Thomas Tycho: Australian musician, a famous virtuoso pianist, composer and arranger.
- Ethel Skakel in Chicago: Illinois, USA; wife of Robert F. Kennedy.
- Edwin Pope: American journalist and author.
- Monique Gerard: France Actor.
- Henri Garcin: Belgian film actor who has appeared in more than 100 films since 1956.