Sunday 8 April 1928US date format: 4/8/1928, UK date format: 8/4/1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Gavin in Los Angeles and Eric Porter.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1928 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Eric Porter: London, England -- Actor (Antony & Cleopatra, 39 Steps).
- John Gavin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Back Street, Psycho, Murder for Sale).
- Monty Sunshine: jazz bandleader ("Gotta Travel On").
- Mary Zeldenrust-Noordanus: CEO (NVSH).
- Leah Rabin: widow of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin (d. 2000).