Thursday 19 April 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Klein and William Klein.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1928 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- William Klein
- William Klein: Photographer.
- Leonardo Zega: Italian editor of Famiglia Cristana, a magazine for Catholic families.
- Dick Garwin: American scientist, stated as being the first designer of the H-Bomb.
- John Horlock: English engineer and academic (d. 2015).
- Alexis Korner: French-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Blues Incorporated and Collective Consciousness Society) (d. 1984).
- Azlan Shah: Azlan Shah of Perak (d. 2014).
- Richard Garwin: American physicist, author, wrote "the dangers of nuclear wars" 1979, married once, three children.
- Alexis Korner in Paris: France; musician (Blues Inc - "Bootleg Him").
- Japanese troops occupies Sjantung-schiereiland
- Yanks are out of 1st place for 1st time since May 1926
- 32nd Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar of Massachusetts in 2:37:07.8.
- The 125th and final fascicle of the Oxford English Dictionary is published.