Monday 23 April 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Okke Jager and Shirley Temple Black in Santa Monica.
The Man Who Laughs, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1928 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Okke Jager: Dutch theologist / writer / poet.
- Shirley Temple Black in Santa Monica: California, USA; child actress (Heidi)/ambassador (United Nations).
- Bill Cotton: CEO (Noel Gay TV).
- Shirley Black: American actress, child actress, the most famous in history from age three, and politician.
- Shirley Temple-Black: Santa Monica Actor.
- Shirley Temple: Movie Actress
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 April 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?