Saturday 7 April 1928US date format: 4/7/1928, UK date format: 7/4/1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 7, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Garner and Alan J Pakula.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1928 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- James Garner: American actor and top star in films, commercials and TV series.
- Alan J Pakula: American film producer and director (d. 1998).
- Françoise Seigner: French actress, best known for her theatre work.
- Alan J. Pakula: Director.
- James White: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Star Surgeon, Star Healer).
- Gael Turnbull: Scottish poet and publisher who was an important precursor of the British Poetry Revival.
- Alan Pakula: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 1998).
- Alexander Bogdanov: Russian physician and philosopher (Born 1873).
- 44-yr old New York Ranger GM Lester Patrick replaces his injured goaltender in a Stanley Cup game, and beats Montreal Maroons 2-1